Autumn Egg White Omelette
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- ⅛ cup onion, finely chopped
- ⅛ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- ⅛ cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ apple, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup broccoli, small florets
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4-5 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup egg whites
- ½ Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese wedge, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 189
- Carbs: 25 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Sodium: 641 mg
- Sugar: 14 g
1. Spray nonstick spray on a medium sized nonstick skillet and heat to medium Add the onion and mushrooms; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add bell pepper, apple, broccoli and mushrooms to the skillet and cooked for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle on sea salt, ground pepper and cinnamon.
2. Add the spinach; cook and stir until wilted and hot. Add tomatoes.
3. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
4. Lightly coat the same medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set heat to low/medium. Add the egg whites, swirling to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1½ to 2 minutes or until set, using a rubber scraper to lift eggs up occasionally, letting runny egg flow underneath.
5. Spoon veggie mixture onto half of omelet, add cheese if using, fold over, and slide onto a plate, season with more salt and pepper (to taste) and serve.