Braised Pork Burritos
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 2 lbs. pork loin, trimmed of visible fat
- Cooking Spray
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3 lbs. diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 8-12 tortilla shells
- 1/3 toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Servings: Makes 12 braised pork burritos
- Serving Size: 1 braised pork burrito
- Calories: 280
- Carbs: 20 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Sugar: 5 g
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Coat oven-safe sauté pan with a lid with cooking spray, then warm over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, cook pork on each side for 2 minutes.
3. Add onions to pan and cook until onions are clear, approximately 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic, apples, water, and vinegar, stirring continuously for two minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan.
5. Add tomatoes, cinnamon, cloves, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cover pan and move it to the oven. Simmer in oven until pork is tender, approximately 1 hour. Add raisins in the last few minutes of cooking.
7. Remove pork and shred with forks. Add back to pan and mix with other ingredients.
8. Fill tortilla shells with pork mixture, garnish with almonds, and serve.