Butternut Squash Soup with Thyme
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3-4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Vegetable Stock, 4 Cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, 1/4-1/5 Tsp
- Nutmeg, 1/4 Tsp
- Cinnamon, 1/4 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 150
- Carbs: 26.3g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 84mg
- Sugar: 1g
1. Cook the onion, garlic, and thyme in the olive oil until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the squash and sauté for another minute or so.
2. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender - about 30 minutes. Season with cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper and salt, and stir to combine. Let simmer a few minutes more and then remove from heat.
3. Using a hand blender, puree the soup into a creamy, smooth consistency.
4. Return to heat, and let the soup warm through.
5. Serve in bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.