Curried Cauliflower Soup
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 14-oz can light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 55
- Carbs: 7 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Sugar: 3 g
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden. Add the cauliflower, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, cinnamon, and salt as needed. Add enough water to cover.
2. Bring to a low boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Blend the soup with an immersion blender until the desired consistency is reached. If using a standing blender, allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Pour the soup into the blender. Hold the lid down firmly with a clean, folded towel over it. Start on low speed and blend until the soup is smooth. Return to the pot and reheat if serving hot.
4. Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro before serving.