Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 4-6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked without skin
- 2 heaping tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- A sprinkle of cinnamon – about 3 shakes of the bottle
- Chopped cilantro (garnish)
- Salt to taste
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 61
- Carbs: 14 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Sodium: 137 mg
- Sugar: 5 g
1. Steam and saute the onions and garlic, adding stock as needed to prevent sticking. Meanwhile, bake the sweet potatoes in the microwave or the oven.
2. Place sweet potatoes, garlic, onions, spices into the pot. Add 4 cups vegetable broth and simmer for a few minutes, until all of the ingredients are tender.
3. Puree with a hand blender until smooth, adding more broth to achieve desired consistency.
4. Once the soup is pureed (2b), bring it to a simmer to warm it through. Top each bowl with cilantro. Enjoy!