Lamb or Beef Stew with Apricots and Saffron
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 1/2 lbs. cubed lamb stew meat
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1 /4 cups low sodium beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, soaked in warm water until plump and chopped into pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- Servings: 6
- Serving size: 1 serving of stew
- Calories: 300
- Carbs: 25 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Sugar: 16 g
1. Sear lamb in sauté pan with oil until browned.
2. Add onions and garlic and sauté until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add cinnamon and saffron and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add in flour, stir to combine. Add in stock and apricots and simmer for 1 hour until meat is tender.
5. Remove cinnamon stick. Season with salt and pepper and Tabasco and serve over couscous.