Light and Creamy Tomato Soup
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 tbsp organic canola oil
- 1.5 cups chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 28 oz can chopped unsalted San marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 cup vegetable stock (depending on how thick you like your soups)
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- Optional: fresh parsley, shaved Parmesan cheese, and black pepper for garnish
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 92
- Carbs: 14 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Sodium: 366 mg
- Sugar: 5 g
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp canola oil, add 1.5 cups chopped red onion, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 3/8 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika to the pan, cook 8 minutes, stirring. Increase heat to medium high.
2. Add 4 minced garlic cloves, saute 1 min.
3. Add 28 oz can chopped unsalted san marzano tomatoes, undrained, and 1/2 cup vegetable stock (add more if you want a thinner soup). Bring to
a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 15 min.
4. Remove from heat, stir in 1/4 cup whole milk.
5. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to the consistency you like. Optional: top with fresh parsley, shaved parmesan cheese, and black pepper.