Low Carb Spinach and Mushroom Omelet Muffins
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup Bob's Red Mill coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- Servings: Makes about 15 muffins
- Serving Size: 1 low carb muffin
- Calories: 148
- Carbs: 5.06 g
- Fat: 10.60 g
- Protein: 6.17 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Sugar: 1 g
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin pan very well (if you do not have a good non-stick muffin pan, use parchment paper liners). This recipe makes about 15 muffins so you may need to work in batches if you only have one muffin pan.
2. In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once hot and melted, add sliced mushrooms. Let cook 1 minutes without stirring, then add salt and pepper to taste and sauté until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds, then add the fresh spinach. Cook until just wilted, about 1 more minute. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs, whipping cream and grated cheese and whisk until well combined. Stir in mushroom/spinach mixture.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed, set to the touch and light golden brown.