Nova Scotia Smoked Salmon, Spinach, and Goat Omelet
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 2 Tbsp. onion, minced
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach (or substitute frozen), loosely chopped
- 2 oz. nova scotia smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 ½ oz. goat cheese crumbles
- 12 egg whites; or 1 ½ cups egg substitute)
- Servings: 3 omelets
- Serving Size: 1 salmon omelet
- Calories: 210
- Carbs: 4 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Sugar: 0 g
1. Spray a medium skillet with canola oil and sauté onion briefly.
2. Add spinach, cover and continue to cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add nova scotia smoked salmon, gently mix, remove from heat and set aside.
4. Separately, spray another medium skillet with canola oil and heat on medium-high temperature.
5. Add 1/3 of egg mixture to pan and cook gently until eggs are set.
6. Top egg with 1/3 of the spinach and nova scotia smoked salmon filling and ½ oz. of goat cheese.
7. Roll in pan and serve.