Roast Turkey Breast
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 large sprigs thyme
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 1 bone-in turkey breast from a 12-16 pound bird
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- Servings: 12 servings of turkey breast
- Serving: 1
- Calories: 180
- Carbs: 5 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Sugar: 3 g
1. Cut onion, celery, and carrots in chunks.
2. Place chunks with orange slices, thyme and rosemary in bottom of a roasting pan.
3. Coat turkey with oil and favorite rub. Place in roasting pan on top of vegetables-meat side down.
4. Place in 425°F oven for 35 minutes.
5. Turn over turkey and reduce heat to 375°F. Cook for 1 ½ hours or until internal temp is 165°F. Check turkey every 15 minutes after first hour is past.
6. Remove turkey from oven and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes on cutting board. Carve and serve. Great to use for sandwiches or in place of a roast chicken.