Spicy Lentil and Swiss Chard Soup
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- Olive Oil, 1 Tsp
- 1 Large Red Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Curry powder, 5 Tsp
- Cayenne Pepper, 1/4 Tsp
- Vegetable Broth, 4 Cups
- 1 Bunch Swiss Chard, 1-lb, Tough stalks removed, coarsely chopped
- Dried Red Lentils, 2 Cups
- 1 15 oz Can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Salt, 3/4 Tsp
- Thick Greek Yogurt, 6 Tbsp, thinned with water, 2 Tbsp
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges or slices
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 150
- Carbs: 26.3g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Sodium: 503.6mb
- Sugar: 1g
1. Heat oil in large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
2. Add 4 cups broth and chard; increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring until chard is wilted. Stir in lentils and chickpeas.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas are tender.
4. Remove from heat. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until it is mostly creamy. (Another option is to puree half the soup (about 4 cups) in a blender or food processor; return puree to pot).
Divide soup among 6 bowls.
Drizzle about 1 Tbsp thinned yogurt over each serving. Garnish with a lime wedge.