Turbot with Sea Beans, Kale, and Tomatoes
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 lb. turbot (or other mild fish)
- 1/2 cup sea beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kale, sliced thin
- 1/8 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 Japanese cooking rice wine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- pepper to taste
- Servings: 4 servings of turbot
- Serving Size: 1 turbot serving
- Calories: 150
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Sugar: 0g
1. Blanch sea beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Place in ice bath to stop the cooking process and retain crispness.
2. Slice turbot into 1 1/2" servings. Spray a large skillet with canola oil. Saute onions on high for 3-5 minutes. Place turbot in pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn to low heat.
3. Add kale, tomatoes, rice wine and lemon juice. Continue to cook covered until fish is done. Season with pepper.
4. Serve the fish surrounded by the vegetables from the pan. Just before serving, top each serving with a small accent of blanched sea beans.