Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 8-10 cherry tomatos (halved)
- 5 asparagus spears
- 2 scallions
- 2 large leaves of swiss chard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil (finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp. parsley (finely minced)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Servings: Makes 3 small vegetable frittatas
- Serving Size: 1 small vegetable frittata
- Calories: 180
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 14g
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Sugar: 0g
1. Preheat broiler on high.
2. Clean and chop all vegetables into bite-size pieces.
3. Spray a medium skillet with canola oil.
4. Sauté all vegetables and herbs in skillet for 3-5 minutes. Cover the pan for a few minutes to cook the vegetables through.
5. Spread vegetables evenly across the pan.
6. Place eggs in a separate bowl and whisk thoroughly to mix. Gently pour eggs into pan to cover the vegetables.
7. Cook on low to medium heat until eggs are partially set. Sprinkle cheese on eggs and place pan under broiler to finish cooking for 2-3 minutes.
8. Serve immediately. Frittata can also be refrigerated overnight and reheated for breakfast the next day.