Zucchini and Onion Quiche
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (fat free or low fat)
- 3 egg whites, divided use
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon crumbled basil
- 1 cup skim milk
- Servings: Makes 9 servings of zucchini onion quiche
- Serving Size: 1 serving of quiche
- Calories: 190
- Carbs: 10 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Sugar: 3 g
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray pan with nonstick spray
2. Mix rice, 2 tablespoons of cheese, and 1 egg white in a bowl. Moisten hands
then press mixture into pan in the shape of a pie crust. Place in oven and bake
for 5 minutes.
3. Combine onion, carrot, zucchini, chicken broth, and basil in a sauté pan. Cook
over medium heat until veggies are softened, but still crisp. Remove from heat.
4. Combine cooked ingredients with skim milk, cheese, and remaining egg whites;
pour into prebaked shell. Reduce oven to 350F and bake for 20-25 minutes.