Chicken Pepper Nachos
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- Alwans - Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast, 12 oz
- Trader Joe's - Mild Salsa, 1 container (22 Tbsp (32 g) each)
- Meijer - Fat Free Refried Beans, 1 container (1 4/5 cup (124 g) each)
- Ortega - Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 packet
- Garlic Powder, 2 tsp
- Chili Powder, 1 tsp
- Onion Powder, 1 tsp
- Kroger - Red Pepper Flakes, 1 tsp
- Lime Juice, 1 wedge yields
- Wilson Produce - Sweet Mini Red Bell Pepper, 16 oz
- Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese - Cheddar & Monterey Jack, 1.5 cup (28 g)
- Aldi Edenvale - Black Olives (by the cup), 0.4 cup (28 g)
- Cilantro, 0.4 cup
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 219
- Carbs: 16.5 g
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Protein: 14.9 g
- Sodium: 617 mg
- Sugar: 3.8 g
Take boneless, skinless chicken breasts and place them into your crockpot. Pour in a bottle of mild salsa and a can of fat-free refried beans.
Make a mixture of low-sodium taco seasoning, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes and lime powder. Sprinkle it over top of everything and then stir.
Let cook for 6-8 hours and then shred the chicken with two forks.
Heat oven to 350 degrees and start cutting your mini bell peppers. Slice off the ends and then slice them in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and ribs and press flat. Place them onto a foil-covered baking sheet.
Spoon chicken mixture onto each pepper. Top with cheddar and monterey jack cheese blend and olives. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle on cilantro and serve with salsa, guacamole or sour cream.