Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 540 ml can of chick peas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 large fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus more for garnish)
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Paprika (for garnish)
- Servings: 4
- Serving Size: 1 serving of hummus (appx.)
- Calories: 260
- Carbs: 22 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Sodium: 929 mg
- Sugar: 1 g
1. In a food processor, process tahini and lemon juice. Mix until well combined. If needed, stop and scrape the sides with a silicone spatula and then process for another 30 seconds or so.
2. Add olive oil, garlic, cumin and sea salt to the mix. Like step one, stop and scrape the sides if needed and then process for another 30 seconds or so.
3. Add half a can of rinsed chick peas to the mix and process until well combined. Add the other half of the chick peas and process until well combined.
4. If hummus is too thick or not fully processed, add 1-2 tbsp of water as needed, and process for 30 seconds or so until you get the desired texture for your hummus.
5. Pour hummus into a serving dish and garnish with extra virgin olive oil and paprika. Serve with pitas and/or fresh veggies. Store remaining hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate.