Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1/4 cup onion slices
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper slices
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp each salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- Cooking spray
- 4 slices fresh pineapple (optional)
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 cup cucumber, pealed, seeded, and sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Servings: 4 burgers
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 199
- Carbs: 12g
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 41g
- Sodium: 1216mg
- Sugar: 4g
1. Prepare grill.
2. Place onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in container of food processor fitted with metal blade. Cover and pulse until finely chopped.
3. Add onion mixture to ground turkey in medium bowl. Mix with hands until well combined. Form into four burger patties. (Patties will be moist).
4. Place on foil coated with cooking spray and set on prepared grill and cook about 5-6 minutes per side or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
5. If desired, place pineapple slices on grill and cook about 4-5 minutes per side.
6. For the Tzatziki Sauce: Combine all ingredients in container of food processor fitted with metal blade. Cover and process until well blended. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. When ready to serve, top turkey burgers with grilled pineapple and Tzatziki sauce.