Low-Fat Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup 1% or nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Servings: Makes 12 small Muffins
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 110
- Carbs: 25 g
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Sugar: 12 g
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle 1/4 cup whole wheat flour over blueberries and set aside.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix egg whites, milk and applesauce in a separate bowl.
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently to moisten. Add blueberries. Do not over mix!
4. Spoon into muffin pans lined with muffin papers.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until done.