Spinach and Feta Cheese Omelet
Check off ingredients as you shop!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Feta cheese
- Servings: Makes 2 small omeletes
- Serving Size: 1 small omelet
- Calories: 215
- Carbs: 7 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Sodium: 303 mg
- Sugar: 4 g
1. Heat oil in skillet placed over medium-high heat. Add red bell pepper, tomatoes and onion. Cook and stir until soft. Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted. Remove from pan.
2. Coat skillet with cooking spray and add eggs. Cook the eggs for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan. Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow toward the edges and cook. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the center of the omelet starts to look dry.
3. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the omelet and spoon the vegetable mixture into the center of the omelet. Using a spatula gently fold one edge of the omelet over the vegetables. Let the omelet cook for another two minutes or until the cheese melts to your desired consistency. Slide the omelet out of the skillet and onto a plate. Cut in half and serve.